I fancied a break and change of workplace. So my wife and I both resigned from our jobs and we’re taking the summer off. 😎
The plan is:
- A few trips abroad hiking, exploring the south of France, and visiting friends and relatives in France and Sweden.
- Spending more time with friends and family
- Doing touristy things in London and UK that we otherwise never get around to doing
- Go to some music festivals
- DIY and construction projects at home
- Self study to get up to date on the latest tech and get some new IT certifications
Will be back at it in late September. Meanwhile, here’s a view from a hike around the Calanques (fjords) near Cassis, France.
If you have savings, or you’re lucky enough to have an employer that will fund a paid sabbatical, I would recommend it. Life is too short. YOLO!